Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Beef Steak Swabian Style
- Peel the onions and slice them thinly. Fry in a pan with oil until golden brown. Season with salt. Remove the onion rings and spread thinly over a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, cook the ALB-GOLD Spaetzle in a large pot with boiling salted water until al dente.
- Clean the slices of meat, then flatten. Season with salt and pepper on both sides and cut tiny incisions around the edges.
- Heat some oil in a skillet and fry the meat on both sides until medium / medium-well. Keep warm.
- Pour the fat from the skillet. Add the stock and cook over high heat. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan and boil until the liquid is reduced. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter until melted.
- Arrange meat with sauce on plates, topped with the onion rings. Serve with the Spaetzle and a nice green salad on the side.
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 18 oz Spaetzle
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 onions
- oil for frying
- 2 lbs. sirloin steak (cut into slices of approx. 1 in.)
- 1/8 cup cold butter (diced)
- 8 fl. oz. beef stock
- selection of green salads