Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Chinese Cabbage Salad with Mie-Noodles and Chicken Sticks
- For the salad cook the Mie-Noodles in a large pot with boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile wash the Chinese cabbage cut into thin slices and fry in a pan with peanut oil.
- Wash the sweet pepper and spring onions. Cut the sweet pepper into thin slices, spring onions into rings. Mix together with the cabbage in a big bowl.
- Drain the noodles in a colander. And add to the vegetables.
- For the dressing mix the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey in a small pot and simmer for 1 minute. Cool down. Then add the vegetable oil and whisk well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir it all together.
- Roast the sesame seeds in a pan without oil until golden. Sprinkle over the salad.
- For the chicken sticks wash the chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut lengthwise into approx. 6 thin slices. Put on skewers, wavelike and season with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan heat some peanut oil over medium to high heat and add the chicken sticks. Cook for a few minutes on all sides until golden brown.
- For the peanut dip peel the ginger and cut finely. Chop the peanuts. Mix both with coconut milk, Sambal Oelek and sugar in a small pot and boil for a few minutes. Then reduce the heat and simmer until viscid. Season with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad with chicken sticks and peanut dip.
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 4.5 oz ALB-GOLD Organic Mie-Noodles
- 3 fl. oz. balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp honey
- 8 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 18 oz Chinese cabbage
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- peanut oil
- salt, pepper
- 0.5 oz ginger
- 3.5 oz peanuts, roasted and salted
- 8.3 fl. oz. coconut milk
- 1 tsp Sambal Oelek
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice