Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Spaetzle with Melted Cheese & Caramelized Onions
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the Spaetzle in a large pot with boiling salted water until al dente. Take a baking pan.
- This is when the Emmental cheese comes into it. Place one layer of Spaetzle in the baking pan, then one layer of grated cheese (approx. 3 to 4 layers altogether). You can also add some fried bacon bits if you like.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions and fry until golden.
- Sprinkle the onions on top of the „Kaese-Spaetzle“.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until top layer is slightly brown.
Hint„Field salad“ or „lamb‘s lettuce“ goes best with these fine Spaetzle. print share
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 18 oz Spaetzle
- 8 oz Emmental cheese (grated)
- 2 onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- optional: 2-3 slices of lean smoked bacon (cut into small pieces)